According to a ESPN.com poll of 75,000 readers (and is climbing), 51% of NFL fans support the current NFL team schedule of 16-games per season, while the other 49% of NFL fans support a reconfiguration of the NFL team schedule to 18 games per season. However, 80% of those 75,000 do agree on one thing: the NFL preseason is way too long at 4 games, and should be reduced to 2.
What does this tell us?
1. The National Football League's desire to increase the regular season by two games is not a real hit with the fans.
2. The fans of the NFL hate preseason football, which features second and third string players for most of the game.
It's true that I'm only a Jets' fan, and as such I'm more prone to suffering in my life. But I can tell you this: Increasing the NFL season by two weeks is a boneheaded move, one that will result in more injuries to players, a loss in interest from fans, and further infighting between the NFL and the NFLPA (the union that represents the players).
advertising on our site!